SAFETY TAKES PRIORITY ALWAYS
THE NSA SAFETY MANAGEMENT PLAN AND PHILOSOPHY
The Nitro Sibir Australia (NSA) Safety Management Plan is one of the components of the overarching HSE Policy, which formalises our day to day approach to manufacturing and the delivery of our products and services. Unconditionally, safety takes precedence ahead of production and delivery deadlines. All our employees are empowered to cease any task if they deem it to be unsafe. Day to day tools used by NSA include ‘Take 5’, JSA, Permit to Work and Risk Assessments for complex tasks.
Leading the industry in safety
At NSA, we understand that the work we do is inherently dangerous and that we need to be pro-active in our safety processes and constantly look to innovation in our products. As an industry, we all need to play a part in protecting our teams.
We believe that safety should extend beyond where we work to the greater community. To address this, we have in place processes and a product range that remove Class 1 products from the supply chain. By doing this, we markedly reduce the exposure of manufacturers, transport operators, the public and users to the potential effects of theft, incidents and other unplanned events involving explosive products.
Our fundamental belief is that safe, simple work will be productive work. By using a single product to satisfy all of the needs of mining operations, and ensuring that we don’t have explosives in place until we are at the bore hole, we keep the work and storage environment safer.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Management at Nitro Sibir is committed to providing safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injuries and ill health, for all employees, contractors and other relevant interested parties involved with our business. Management is committed to the elimination of hazards and the reduction in OH&S risks, through the implementation and continual improvement of the company’s Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
Occupational Health & Safety Objectives
The Management and staff at Nitro Sibir are committed and will strive to:
- Prevent and eliminate work related injuries and illnesses
- Identify, assess and control workplace hazards and risks to provide a healthy and safe workplace
- Comply with statutory OH&S and other regulatory requirements
As part of the company’s systems and processes management is committed to:
- Ensure consultation and participation of employees, and where they exist employee’s representatives, in regard to this policy, processes, procedures and activities related to the company’s Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Determine and remove obstacles or barriers to participation and minimise those that cannot be removed
- Ensure that this policy is retained as documented information, and available to interested parties
- Define and meet objectives, by documenting and monitoring measurable occupational health and safety objectives and targets to ensure the prevention of work-related injuries and ill health
- Conduct regular management review meetings to ensure the company’s Occupational Health and Safety management system is reviewed and controlled appropriately
- Report, investigate and apply corrective actions to all workplace incidents
- Continually monitor and improve our health and safety performance and the effectiveness of our Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Conduct OH&S audits of key processes within the business as part of our Continual Improvement Process
- Ensure our Occupational Health and Safety Management System is conformant and certified to ISO 45001:2018 Occupational health and safety management systems
- Review this policy annually
Approved by Tim Fry
Chief Executive Office
Read more about our approach.